Sunday, August 26, 2012

My thoughts on Days of Terror!!







I know it's been awhile since I have written anything here but i had to get some of my thoughts out of my head! The history is a year or two ago I was thinking of putting together a horror convention in San Francisco. Why? There was no con's going on in S.F and with the move of Wondercon all of a sudden now there's really nothing out here. (PLEASE come back Wondercon)
I only told a few select people in passing that I was thinking about doing it but it was never a guarantee since I was born and raised in S.F I know it's expensive out here. My crew and I looked around at places and found everything to be extremely out of our league. So of course I put it on the back burner. Well cut to a year later I sat down with Sac Horror Sci-Fi show manager only to be asked if I would take over and re-vamp the show. I loved the idea and so did my crew. I couldn't say no, because on my list of things to do before I die is to throw a horror con and a comic book con. I said yes and from there it's been a roller coaster ride of not sleeping, stress, crying, and of course wondering if I am good enough. I have even stopped to think for a moment if I was doing or making the right decisions. You know what, I believe that I have been doing a great job and my crew has been working hard to bring everyone a great show. I am not afraid of failing anymore, I am doing the best that I can and will always do the best and give all of myself in all of my projects 100%!!

We have a great line up for the show with Eileen Dietz, Lynn Lowry, Amy Steel, April Burril, JimmyO Burril, Ari Lehman, Kaci Hansen, Dave Reda, Michelle Tomlinson and so much more. Along with a Zombie Walk, Costume Contest, Make up Demonstrations and films. TeamLoveHate will be in the parking lot with there latest shadow Hunters cars for Jason Dube, The Sacramento Ghostbusters will be collecting costumes for the costumes for kids drive. Also the first 50 people in line will receive a limited edition 11x17 poster for the show drawn by our very own Jason Dube!!

I want to bring Sacramento two days of Horrific fun and I know that this show is going to be a success! Thanks to you the fans who go to these con's and help keep the love of horror alive!

Thank you to all of my Guests, Vendors, Press, and Volunteers who are going to help make this show a one of a kind!!

www.daysofterror.com




No comments:

Post a Comment